I finally found an EASY way to add the social bookmarking buttons to my blog posts. Of course I am weary of overdoing it, but I’ve been trying to find an easy way to “socialize” my blog for some time, so I’m doing it! Your on your way to Social Media Optimization bliss in just 5 steps:
- Download Sociable 2.0 here: http://push.cx/sociable
- Unzip the files to your computer
- Using FileZilla (or another FTP server) upload the social folder (not just files in it) to the wp-content/plugins folder of your blog
- Go to your WordPress Admin and activate the plugin on the Plugins page
- Go to Options and choose which social buttons you want and how you want them presented
You get to choose from the following 61 sites (but be tactful!):
blinkbits, BlinkList, BlogMemes, blogmarks, co.mments, connotea, del.icio.us, De.lirio.us, digg, DZone, Fark, feedmelinks, Furl, Fleck, Gwar, Hemidemi, IndiaGram, IndianPad, kick.ie, LinkaGoGo, Linkter, Ma.gnolia, MisterWong, MyShare, My-Tuts, NewsVine, Netscape, Netvouz, PopCurrent, ppnow, RawSugar, Rec6, Reddit, scuttle, Shadows, Simpy, Slashdot, Smarking, Spurl, SphereIt, StumbleUpon, Taggly, Technorati, TailRank, Webride, Wists, Wykop, and YahooMyWeb.
My favorite 7 are in bold. Which one’s do you like?